Where we are
HOW TO REACH US
Tips to make easier your arrival at Montorio
Montorio is located just outside the town and it is in a walking distance to town, but I always suggest to have your car because there is so much to see in the area and the public transport are really poor.
On my experience I see that most of our guest arrive from Florence or Rome, by plane, rent a car at the airport and came to our place, but with a lot of difficulty.
My suggestion is: take a train from Florence or from Rome to CHIUSI, wich is located at 25km from us. This is a small train station but there are the major rental cars as, Hertz, Europecar and Avis, located just few steps from the train station. Of course book in advance your car, but this make the difference because there is not line, since is a small town and mostly wont be too much stress to drive from Chiusi to Montepulciano.
Arriving by car from the north
Take the A1 motorway, exit at Valdichiana-Bettolle (exit No. 28) and drive through the village of Bettolle in the direction of Torrita di Siena. After 6 km you will arrive at Torrita di Siena, at the blinking traffic light turn left in the direction of Montepulciano. After 1.5 km at the roundabout turn right in the direction of Montepulciano. After 7 km you will arrive at Montepulciano, at the traffic lights turn left in the direction of Pienza-Chianciano Terme and drive around the town. After 1.5km, you will be at a crossroad, the entrance of Montorio is to the right in front of you (the road that turns right just prior to this goes to the church of San Biagio).
Arriving by car from the south
Take the Highway A1 (Autostrada del Sole) and turn off at the exit for Chiusi-Chianciano (no. 29). Follow the road signs for Chianciano Terme (circa 10 km). Pass through Chianciano and drive on to Montepulciano (circa 9 km). On arriving in Montepulciano you will find an intersection called the Bivio di San Biagio. There you will find a sign indicating the private road for Montorio 50 metres ahead of you.
Tips for using the Motorway:
- take a ticket at the toll gate as you enter. (Do not get in the "Pass Lane")
- Pay at the toll gate when you exit the motorway, using the ticket.
Arriving by train and how to rent a car
The train station nearest to Montorio is Chiusi-Chianciano Station ( 26 km from Montorio). You can check the train schedule on www.trenitalia.com
In front of the station there is a taxi service (24h/24h) where you can hire a taxi , the cost of a taxi from the train station to montorio is 45/50€
Near the train station there are 2 major rental cars:
• AVIS Car rental. Phone 0578 228130.
• Europecar 1 Km from the railway station. Phone +39 0578 222012.
* The offices of Avis and Europe car are closed from Saturday at 12.30 to Monday 9.00am
* If you plan to arrive/depart during the week-end no worry.
We have a new professional partner wich has a rental car in front the train station of Terontola (26km from Montepulciano) they are open during the week and on appointment also during the week-end you can contact them at www.autonoleggioilgirasole.it , they have also a driver service.
Arriving by airplane
• Perugia Km 60 - www.airport.umbria.it (Ryanair connection during the summer season, perfect for UK travelers)
• Firenze Peretola Km 100 - www.aeroporto.firenze.it
This is a small airport and you have 2 options:
- Rent a car and drive to Montorio
- Or take a taxi or bus service to the train station, wich is in the center of the town of Florence and it is called Firenze SMN ( www.trenitalia.com to check the schedule of the train) and then take the train to Chiusi- Chianciano Terme ( read “arriving by train “ for other instruction)
• Roma Leonardo da Vinci Km 160 - www.adr.it
When in Fiumicino airport in Roma you have 3 options:
- Take the train wich runs every 30 minutes from Roma fiumicino to Roma termini ( the major station in Roma ), change train and take the train direction Chiusi- Chianciano terme. Here you can rent a car.
If you need our assistance to plan your transfert write to email@example.com
Latitude: 43.087398 – Longitude: 11.775885
Latitude: 43 Degrees 5 Minutes 14.6328 Seconds – Longitude: 11 Degrees 46 Minutes 33.186 Second